Areas of Practice
At the law offices of Weik, Nitsche & Dougherty, we fight hard to protect people who have suffered both physical and emotional harm as a result of another's negligence. No matter how serious the harm, our attorneys have the skill and experience to successfully handle your case. Over the years, our courtroom battles have yielded great results for our clients, including million-dollar settlements and substantial jury awards.Personal Injury
We handle personal injury claims stemming from a wide range of accidents and incidents, including:
- Car accidents: When you have been involved in a collision, our Delaware accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve from insurance companies.
- Construction injuries: We help people injured in construction accidents, including those caused by faulty machinery, roof falls and falling objects.
- Nursing home negligence: Nursing home abuse and neglect can be especially hard on the family that entrusted their loved one to the care of a facility. We fight back.
- Product liability claims: If you have been injured by a dangerous or defective product, we are not afraid to take the negligent company to court.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: We fight hard for injured slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall victims.
- Toxic torts: We fight for victims of exposure to toxic substances, including mold and benzene.
- Workers' compensation claims: If you have been injured at work, our Wilmington work injury attorneys can help you take action through the workers' compensation system.
- Wrongful death suits: If your family has lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, our personal injury attorneys can help you understand your options.
- Catastrophic injuries: Our attorneys have the resources and experience to help people who have suffered catastrophic injuries, from amputations to traumatic brain injuries.
Attorney Shawn Dougherty also handles family law matters on behalf of individuals, couples and families in Delaware. Every year since 2007, Ms. Dougherty was recognized for her family law practice by the publication "The Best Lawyers in America." She provides effective legal representation in such matters as divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, paternity and adoption. Contact Us About Your Injury
From first meeting to final settlement, we have distinguished ourselves from other firms by fighting tirelessly to secure compensation for our clients.
Contact us for a consultation and learn more today. Our Wilmington office is available at 302-655-4040; Sussex County area residents can reach the Georgetown office at 302-856-9868. Call the Bear law office of Gary S Nitsche, P.A. at 302-834-4044 or the Smyrna law office of Gary S Nitsche, P.A. at 302-389-4040.